What keeps you up at night as a company leader? We might be able to help. Take this quiz and if you answer “Yes,” to any of these common issues, purpose can help. Check out the research below and find out how BrightHouse and BCG can help you sleep better.
Purpose isn’t a solution for everything, but it does solve many problems. The three main areas we see purpose helping our clients are with inspiring your workforce, igniting customer passion, and outperforming competitors.
- Does it feel like your organization is poorly aligned? Do different parts of it seem to be working towards different goals?
- If you answered, YES! Purpose could be the unifying driver you’re looking for. When everyone can agree that they’re all working towards the same objective you can get everyone working in unison from the C-suite to the front line.
- Is your employee engagement suffering? Is it getting harder to reach people?
- If you answered, YES! You should know that 65% of employees say their company’s purpose is what motivated them to go the extra mile.*
- Would you like to be seen as a destination employer?
- Purpose sends a signal that cuts through the recruiting noise, making your company stand out by standing for something.
- Are your vision, mission, and values unclear or outdated?
- If you answered, YES! Purpose defines WHY companies exist, elevating WHAT they do and HOW they do it.
- Are you unclear which innovations or acquisitions to pursue?
- If you answered, YES! Purpose can be your single edit point to light the way forward.
- Does it feel like you’re so focused on tactics you can’t see the bigger picture?
- If you answered, YES! Purpose can help align your tactics so you go from planning for the next quarter to planning for the next quarter century.
- Has your brand positioning lost its way?
- If you answered, YES! Know that 72% of customers say they would recommend a purposeful brand to friends.
- Is your marketing missing that vital spark?
- If you answered, YES! Know that 71% of customers say they would promote a purposeful brand on social media.
- Do millennial customers feel out of reach?
- If you answered, YES! Know that 47% of connected millennials believe the purpose of business is to improve society/protect the environment.
Whether it’s aligning your organization, straightening your strategy, or attracting the right customers, purpose can help you rest easier.
Find out more about how BrightHouse and BCG can help you uncover your purpose here at BrightHouse on the blog. Stay up-to-date by subscribing. And be sure to follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest insights on purpose.
*Sources: 2012 calling brands study, corporate culture and performance, John Kotter and James Heskett; The 2015 Deloitte Millennial Survey. “Connected” millennials is defined as those making relative highest use of social media in personal and working lives.