BrightHouse/BCG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The protection of your privacy is our highest priority. We collect and use your personal data exclusively within the framework of the applicable data protection regulations. Our employees and representatives are obliged to comply with data protection regulations in accordance with legal requirements.
Below we will inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data. Personal data are generally all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses.
What information we collect?
We collect and use personal data you submitted to us. It can include e.g. your contact data, employment and educational history, grades, and data relating to your recruiting performance.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information for:
- recruiting and business management reasons including, identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- inviting your to recruiting events;
- record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity requirements and practices and protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law.
Does an automated decision making or profiling take place?
An automated decision making, especially an automated decision about your application, or profiling does not take place.
When will we share your information?
BrightHouse GmbH uses carefully selected third-party service providers and business partners who:
- process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution and IT services;
- assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices;
- organize events;
- law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order.
BrightHouse GmbH will ensure that legal mechanisms are in place with such third parties to protect your personal information.
Do we transfer your personal information across geographies?
Because BrightHouse GmbH is a global organization, need to transfer personal information across geographical borders to BrightHouse GmbH entitiesproviders or business partners in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law. Our affiliates and third parties may be based in different countries around the world, including outside of the EEA. We transfer personal information to BrightHouse[CA1] , a BCG company, in the United States of America.
How do we protect your information?
BrightHouse GmbH has in place appropriate technological and operational security processes designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized employees and providers will have access to any data provided by you, and that access is limited by need. Each employee or provider having access to any personal information is obligated to maintain its confidentiality. Although we take steps that are generally accepted as industry standard to protect your personal information, BrightHouse GmbH cannot guarantee that your personally-identifiable information will not become accessible to unauthorized persons.
How long will we retain your information?
- If there is no consent, the applicant data will be deleted no later than 6 months after the end of the application process.
- If an employment relationship is established, your applicant data will then be stored within the framework of the employment relationship if this is required within the framework of the employment relationship.
- If you wish to remain in touch with us and have expressly consented, we will also store your data for a longer period than 6 months after the end of the application procedure. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Legal Basis for the Processing
Legal basis for processing applicant data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR and § 26 para. 1 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG new). The legal basis for storage applicant data for longer than 6 months after the end of the application process is a consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, including but not limited to the GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and details of how we use that information. If any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to amend or rectify it. Please follow the process outlined below and we will amend our records where appropriate. You also have the right to require us to erase your personal data, stop processing your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal information, the right of portability of your personal information and/or to withdraw your consent to processing. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing.
If you think we may have incorrect personal information, or would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, or exercise any other data protection right, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Contact details of the Controller and the Data Protection Officer
If you have further questions on the topic of data protection, please contact us. For questions regarding the processing of your personal data, regarding access, rectification, blocking/restriction of processing or erasure of data, data transferability, objection to data processing and revocation of given consents, please contact:
BrightHouse, a BCG Company
Ponce City Market Suite 9700 | 675 Ponce de Leon Avenue | Atlanta, GA 30308
Phone: +1 404 240 2500
Registration Number: HRB 192533
Data Protection Officer in Germany
Dr. Stephan Thiel